Join our Team
Taking care of pets is not just what we do, it’s what we love and are passionate about. If you feel you’re the right fit for our team, please consider applying below.
Join our team and enjoy a great work life balance on the beautiful Gold Coast! Sponsorship available.
Opportunity for Full-Time Veterinarian
We are Animal Options Veterinary Clinic, based on the beautiful Gold Coast, in Queensland Australia.
We are situated halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast City. We are a small animal clinic based in Ormeau and also have a mobile service. You can check our website or Facebook 🙂
Our team includes 3 veterinarians, 6 veterinary nurses, 2 receptionists and the Practice Manager. We are a close, dedicated team with a passion for our owners and their pets.
We offer a great work life balance as we are open Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings, No on call and No afterhours.
We live and work on the beautiful Gold Coast of Australia, the playground for adventure and fun. With the Golden Beaches, Theme Parks, Stunning Hinterland with its waterfalls and bush walks all within easy reach. The weather is near perfect all year round.
Our clinic has 2 consultation rooms, an X-ray room, and Operating theatre. The state of the art equipment includes: idexx Blood Machine, Digital X-ray, Electrocautery, Ultrasound, Dental X-ray, Dedicated Feline Consult Room and Ward, Tonovet and many other toys.
Our nurses are great, they are well trained and take on most of the jobs, so you don’t have to worry about your patients.
We provide gold standard service and medicine, we have long consultation time (30min), so our patients are very well looked after. Our goal is to make lifelong connections with clients and their patients, we enjoy a great work life balance.
We have a specialist and after hours centre only 20min away, which gives a great support and peace of mind on the weekends or when you have a complicated case.
Our common case load is vaccination, skin conditions, lumpectomies, dentistry, abdominal surgeries (splenectomy, cystotomy, intestinal foreign body) and internal medicine etc. We have external consultants for Advanced ultrasound, Echocardiogram and Orthopaedic surgeries.
Remuneration is negotiable based on experience, packaging ranging from 85-125K (including Super, 4 weeks leave, 1 week study leave, one day off every week, paid CPD) and all the fun and enjoyment in work that you can get!
What we are looking for is someone who is able to work independently, but is also open to share their cases and ask for help. We value teamwork and we are highly accountable. We are seeking someone that has a strong sense of purpose and work ethic, and understand that we are here to educate clients about their pet’s health.
Moving countries can be a challenge, but we are a group of people with different backgrounds (together we speak over 5 languages) and many of us are also immigrants. So we are very understanding and we’ll support you along the way!
If you think this position is for you, please contact us.
+61 7 5546 6756
+61 428266260 (Whatsapp)
Opportunity for Locum Veterinarian
Animal Options Vet Clinic and Wet Noses Mobile Vet are looking for a locum to join our team for the following dates:
- Wednesday 9th – Saturday 12th June (inclusive)
- Thursday 15th – Friday 16th July.
Option to convert to a permanent contract for the right applicant.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Vet with a strong focus on consulting and interacting with clients.
- Are you a vet looking to further your career working alongside a great team?
- Do you have strong consulting skills and would like to have the support of a good surgery team?
- Do you want the support of highly talented nurses and receptionists in a happy work environment?
- Do you care about your mental health and would you like to have a work-life balance that allows you to grow your skills?
Who are we?
- We are an independent progressive vet clinic located in Ormeau – Gold Coast Corridor, that offers home visits as well as a great infrastructure with a bricks and mortar clinic.
- We run two businesses, Animal Options Vet Clinic and Wet Noses Mobile Vet.
- We bring the most professional and comprehensive veterinary service into peoples’ homes.
- Our services are delivered via our world-class, fully equipped mobile Veterinary vehicles as well as a fully functional and operational bricks and mortar clinic with a team of nurses and receptionists to support you every step of the way.
- Enhancing this service is market leading, cloud based veterinary software and best practice systems, processes and procedures.
- The Veterinary team is backed by fully qualified Vet Nurses, Reception staff, a Practice Manager, and Veterinarians enabling you to focus entirely on providing exceptional service delivery and animal care.
- We also have all the equipment that befits a state of the art hospital such as Dental Equipment, X-ray, Ultrasound, in-house Idexx blood machines, Multiparameter monitor, a Dedicated Surgery Theatre, BairHugger etc.
The practice is located in Ormeau, only a 30min drive from Gold Coast City or Brisbane, with easy access to the M1 either North or Southbound.
We live and work by our core values every day to provide our clients and their pets the best experience in a vet practice. Our clients are progressive thinking and highly engaged, open minded and dedicated. Most clients have insurance and want to provide the best possible care to their pets that they can.
Now, we know that working day in, day out in a vet practice can be challenging, exhausting and sometimes stressful. This is why we believe that a light, fun, reliable, and accountable environment where people communicate openly and directly is paramount to sustain a healthy work atmosphere. We are fortunate enough to have such an environment which allows us to care for our clients, pets, staff members and ourselves in the best possible way. We would love to find another like-minded individual to join our team.
What we believe
- All our clients deserve the time to be heard and vets deserve to not be rushed when examining a pet, so strong communication skills are essential to build a long-lasting vet-client relationship.
- That trust and a safe environment that allows team members to speak freely and give each other feedback in a positive and constructive way is a strong aspect of our culture.
- Emotional intelligence is as important as technical skills, so we foster an environment to develop your abilities to connect with your team members and communicate clearly with your clients.
- We understand that every person has their distinct personality and different goals in life, so we allow you to grow your skills based on your strengths.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced vet looking for locum work (can be extended to full-time work. for the right applicant)
- You have strong consulting skills and attention to detail
- You are an enthusiastic communicator – sharing your findings and discussing treatment options with the team and the pet owners is your focus.
- You love interactions with people and are willing to give and receive feedback.
- You believe that teamwork is the key to everyone’s success.
- You will have the have the flexibility to work in clinic with the support of our outstanding team to develop your internal medicine skills
- If you feel the life of a clinic vet isn’t for you and would like a change, then you will also have the flexibility opportunity to work with an experienced Vet Nurse to share the duties of a mobile vet, performing house calls with the support of a fully equipped van with everything you need, where you will be able to see pets and their families in their own environment, bringing you a different perspective and understanding of your patient needs
- You will be given the opportunity to focus on consulting and interacting with clients
What we offer
- A great loyal team of nurses, reception and management staff that will look after you and your patients.
- A supportive and friendly leader that will listen to you and give you room to grow your skills.
- A calm and receptive working environment, cake on your birthday, a break when you need it and attention when you request. We aren’t a fast-paced, multi-tasking, back-to-back consultation practice.
- We value quality over quantity.
- An opportunity to develop and grow an area of your interest.
- NO after hours, everything happens between 8am and 6pm Mon-Sat.
- CPD allowance and access to VIN
- Paid annual leave
- Generous remuneration based on experience and willingness to learn and develop the practice.
If you think this sounds like the kind of practice you would love to be a part of then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.