Join our Team
Taking care of pets is not just what we do, it’s what we love and are passionate about. If you feel you’re the right fit for our team, please consider applying below.
Full Time Vet- Mobile and Clinic Based
You are a vet right? So you want to work and go home with a sense of achievement, correct? And you also have a purpose, am I right? You want to feel like you are changing your clients & patients’ life maybe?
But this is your life now:
- Working in fast pace practice consulting 10-20 patients a day
- Managing your clients expectations of paying little or no money for high standards of care
- Wrangling dogs, scruffing cats, getting nervous and stressed when your patient doesn’t cooperate
- Performing multiple surgeries and dentals in one day with minimal time for planning
- Handling walk ins with minimal consideration of your workload
- Having to attend to multiple patients at a time, getting distracted numerous times
- Eating when you can and typing your histories while you eat your lunch
- Having nurses interrupting your work and answering the phones because everyone is too busy to do it
- Cleaning cages because someone simply didn’t do it
- Working with a fragmented and disrupted team where no one is accountable or happy to just be there!
You are probably wondering what is wrong with the vet industry. You may even be questioning why you entered this profession in the first place!
The good news is that not every practice is the same, not every team is broken and not every client is complicated. There is hope and we are working on it right now!
We have a great team of vet nurses, receptionists, vets and a practice manager that are passionate about patient & client care working on an innovative vet business model: Mobile Vet alongside a Clinic, this is where we integrate Wet Noses Mobile Vet with Animal Options Vet Clinic.
You can believe in the old myth that working as a mobile vet can be messy and difficult. Or you can try to have a much better experience as a clinician and better interaction with clients. This is because:
- You only see 5-7 patients a day, so not many notes to write up!
- The clients are much less stressed, they offer you a coffee, a glass of water, they set up a table for you. They always make you feel welcome, which is usually the other way around in a vet clinic. Remember, you are the guest!
- Clients are informed of the costs up front and aware that a convenient service is more expensive, so minimal surprises or frustrations during the visit.
- The pets are so well behaved! It is amazing how cooperative they are at home and how much you can do in a visit.
- You can actually see where your patient lives, their surroundings or that bag of food clients never know the name! You’ll see yourself saying things like “show me where’s your litter tray?” “Is this where he sleeps?” “Can I see your plants in the garden?”
- The appt list is well organised, no walk ins, no clients calling you, there are minimal interruptions
- The receptionists are very well trained and will keep everything in check, so you’re more organised.
- You always have the help of your home base clinic with all the whistles, technology, staff, everything you need. “My patient is lethargic and dehydrated. I’m glad I can take him to the hospital and someone can look after him while I continue on with my day!”
From client to client you will be driving through beautiful scenery on the Gold Coast, from the coast to the bush, there is always a great coffee shop where you can stop for your lunch (which will be allocated on your appt list so you can eat in peace!).
That comes with all the usual perks that everyone offers but isn’t always enough: good pay, Vin membership, CPD allowance, etc. But the most important thing is the team, our team is the best and every staff member will show you how awesome it is to work here!
And yes we are flexible, with time, with your roster, with your appt list, with how you want to handle your day, with what’s your special interest. Wanting some time in the clinic to do surgeries, dentals, consults, xrays etc? No problems, we work at our strengths and we focus on what brings us joy and purpose.
Ready to give it a go? Come and see what we are doing!
For applications, after numerous years of studying you probably know the obvious. Send your CV & Cover letter to our Practice Manager Jody at firstname.lastname@example.org